Photo: Ray Ryan

Poisoning left family pet fighting for life

Coillte investigating incident

A DUNMORE family pet suffered violent convulsions last week after ingesting what is believed to be nerve poison while walking on a local forestry trail.

Liz Watson was enjoying the “open forestry policy” at Slieve Dart, located at Cloonkeen between Dunmore and Cloonfad, when Missie, her four-year-old Pointer, suddenly took a turn for the worse with her owner describing the incident as “every muscle in the dog’s body started spasming”.

Read the full story in this week's edition of The Tuam Herald, on sale in shops and online